Wednesday, August 22, 2012

E-Wing: Ready for Paint

A bit more progress on the E-Wing Mk II the past few weeks. First up, the new cockpit.  I moved the pilot chair forward and made room for a droid socket behind him. As this will all be sealed up before I put the base coat on the model, I have already painted the interior, pilot and droid.

Decals for interior detail and computer consoles for the droid:

 My E-Wing Pilot, Expanded Universe character Corran Horn. Corran is a Jedi Master in the latest series of Star Wars novels, known for having distinctive green robes. This figure is a repaint of the Obi-Wan Kenobi figure that was included but not used for my 1/72 Fine Molds Falcon kit.

I have also trimmed out the Vac-Form canopy and applied vinyl window masks.

A quick painting of the main guns, they are a darker green than I am going to use for the main hull. I started off painting them white, then cut thin strips of masking tape for the striping and followed with the dark green.

And lastly, a shot of everything put together ready for paint:


No comments:

Post a Comment