Saturday, November 29, 2014

Dagger Class Star Destroyer: WIP

Finally had some time to work a little more on the Dagger Class Star Destroyer. After doing a rough build in plain styrene, I finally started cutting the laser etched stock. It made me a little nervous to be working with this stuff, I only have enough to make one build so I really didn't want to mess up.

I cut out the top hull parts and added some brass rod to help give strength to the model.

Here you can see the etched panel lines. I'm using putty to fill the seam.

The reactor plate. Still not sure what I'm going to do for the engines, but it gives me a good base for getting the hull angles right.

Adding the side trenches:

Bottom hull parts cut out:

 Detailing the trenches with various parts.:

Paper cut out for the super structure. Still need to cut out the parts in styrene. I tried adding a little detail to the edges. The styrene strip on the side is to wide, so I will have to take it off and start over.


Still a lot more to do on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment