Monday, August 11, 2014

1/4222 Blockade Runners

While I'm waiting on some decals to finish up the Flurry, I decided to work up some 1/4222 Blockade Runners. I have the Sundered Heart(Bail Organa's Ship from Ep. III), the Tantive IV(Leia's ship from "A New Hope"), the original "Falcon", and the Consular class, which I'm going to paint as the Charger Refit.

The first three are Utar Ships kits and the Consular class is an Odyssey Slipways kit.

This is the original model of the Millennium Falcon. It was later changed into the Rebel Blockade Runner when it was decided that it looked to much like "Space:1999"s Eagle Transport. I have modified one of the Utar CR-60s to represent this ship.

 Some up close shots of the Utar RBR. This kit is cast from a 3D printed master and the detail is amazing.




 Lastly, a comparison to the older hand mastered Arvey Model Products Blockade Runner.

I drilled out the engines and am ready to get some paint on these guys. Going to be a busy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment