Monday, January 28, 2013

Chiss Clawcraft

This model is a ship that made its first appearance in the novels that take place after the Return of the Jedi. The Nssis-class Clawcraft was a star fighter normally associated with the Chiss, but in fact was a hybrid of Chiss and Imperial TIE technology. I really like this design, and since it is a ship that never had any screen time in the movies, there is no wrong way to paint it. I decided to paint this one blue with silver highlights simply because I was a little tired of gray and white ships.  Built from the 1/72 scale Blue Moon Kit:

Front view showing TIE cockpit ball:


This is a Chiss pilot. They are described in the books as blue skinned humanoids with glowing red eyes:


Top profile showing Chiss engineered "arms", shield generators and Hyperdrvie:





2 comments:

  1. I want to add this kit to my collection, any idea where I can buy one? daviddubowik@gmail.com. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got mine at www.starshipmodeler.com from their store. I don't know if it is still in production, but on the forums for the site, there is a marketplace where you can ask if anyone has one for sale.

    ReplyDelete