Tuesday, January 29, 2013

1/72 TIE Defender Work in Progress

I have recently begun work on the 1/72 TIE Defender model produced by JBOT from the masters made by REL.  It's a really good kit and come with lots of extra optional parts that the original release of the kit did not.

What you get:

To get started I used my Dremel to hollow out the cockpit ball:

 This production of the kit came with a plate to add detail to the back of the cockpit:
 It also comes with a plug to fill the hole caused from drilling out the cockpit:
 This pilot was borrowed from the Revell Pocket kit TIE Interceptor:
 I sanded off the top hatch and replaced with the clear cast resin hatch included with the kit: 
 The wings needed a little work:

 The wing hubs were really the only part of the kit that bothered me. Here is how it comes:
 I decided to sand that bit off and replace it with the wing hub from the Revell Pocket TIE Interceptor. I cast a few resin copies to work with.
 Here is the new wing hub. To me this makes it seem much more a "TIE" fighter:
Still a little touch ups here and there to do, then I'm going to pull out the airbrush I got for Christmas and try it out. Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment