Monday, January 28, 2013

EXTERMINATE!!

The Daleks, built from the Airfix kit. And, now that there're done I'm not sure I will ever do another figure model EVER again. These two, while fun were very tedious and I had to spend a lot of time working on a lot of fine detail painting. First up is the "closed" Dalek. As you may recall from my last post, there were several things about this kit that needed fixing. For the sensor light at the end of the eye stalk, I found some sequins at Hobby Lobby that just happened to be a perfect fit. They catch normal light very well and give the illusion of being lit.


I also scratch built new lasers for both Daleks. While not exactly accurate, they are much better than then junk clear parts included in the kit.


Here are the two Daleks side by side:

"Exterminate the Doctor!"

No comments:

Post a Comment